How To Take Care Of Your Candles
What you need
Candle Care Kit
How to use these items to care for your candle.
- Ensure Your Candle Burns Evenly
- Let It Burn for About 3 to 4 Hours at a Time – do not light a candle if you plan to leave the house in half an hour. A good rule of thumb is to let the wax melt to the edges of the jar.
- Keep the Candle Clean - when the candle is not lit cover with the lid.
- Trim the Candle's Wick before using - Good practice is to use the Wick Trimmer to trim the wick before every burn. Trimming the wicks minimizes the flame getting too big or black smoke occurring or the candle jar getting too hot.
- Minimize Mess When Putting Out Your Candle, safe way to put out a candle flame is to use your Wick Dipper, by dipping the wick back into the wax without breaking the black bit at the end of the wick (referred to as a mushroom)
- Retire Your Candle with wax in it and don’t let it burn all the way to the bottom of the jar. (this can cause jar cracking or busting in pieces from the heat of the flame.
- Don’t put the candle in a windy spot or near a window where there is draft. - Keep your candle out of any drafts & out of reach of children & pets
- Store Candles in a Cool, Dark Place.
- Always place your candle on a heat proof surface.